Role: Student Experience Team Member – Days
Rates: Full time £21000 PA
Shifts: Day normal operating hours 7am – 10pm – Shifts rotated in between these times
Location LEEDS UNIVERSITY
We are looking for a team of Student support members to work at Leeds university as part of the Student experience team based on site.
Your role will be to help, support and guide students during their time during university. You will act as a mentor, friend, support, confidant, buddy for any queries about the city, surroundings, rooms, people, places to go even unlocking doors if keys are lost
You will play an integral part in the life of a student – on hand to answer any queries, signpost them to help or support and generally be a reliable “go to” during their stay
You will be part of a friendly, warm and welcoming team
Are you an excellent communicator with great planning and organisational skills?
The day-to-day responsibilities for a Student Experience Team Member are varied; encompassing the proactive handling of student enquiries, feedback and requests, efficiently ensuring the specific delivery of the following:
* To keep buildings and everyone in them safe.
* Help to build a community and a place where people can relax and be themselves.
* Create an environment where students and colleagues want to stay and be successful.
* Be proud of where you work and the achievements of yourself, your team and the business.
General key skills
As a Student Experience Team Member, you will have evidence to support the following skill set in previous roles:
* Excellent customer service skills
* The ability to build and develop key relationships
* Excellent diversity awareness
* Strong organisational skills
* A proactive, enthusiastic approach to tasks
* Promotional and ambassadorship skills
* The desire to work in a diverse, positive and outgoing workforce
As a Student Experience Team Member you will show you CARE
* Be able to Connect with our students and each other. That means being open to diversity, being approachable to everyone and leaving a great first impression so that people leave a conversation feeling good.
* Be Action orientated – that means being observant to everything that’s happening around you, taking ownership to make things right and to speaking up and ensure lessons are shared and improvements are made for everyone to benefit.
* Give Respect – that means being open to different cultures and beliefs, being considerate of other people’s needs and treating others how they wish to be treated.
* Encourage others – that means being positive and using positive verbal communication and body language, being solutions focussed and coaching others to help them find solutions for themselves and being supportive – never letting our students feel lost.
This is a rewarding and interesting role. You will have the opportunity to make a difference to a student’s stay at university whilst being a point of contact for people on site
If you have a background that involves supporting, guiding and helping people – this could be an ideal role to showcase these skills
Apply today – someone will contact you with 24 hours