Grind is a hospitality company that lives in London. Since opening Shoreditch Grind in 2011, the brand has expanded across London with restaurants and café-bars, burning the candle at both ends to serve coffee, food, and cocktails to a killer soundtrack.
Coffee at Grind has always been at the forefront of what we do and who we are. We are coffee specialists and have always aspired to delivering the best quality, service and consistency of product at all of our GRIND locations. The coffee team are always busy and under pressure at all times of the day. Yet, we still manage to have fun on the job, develop within, and enjoy every working day at the GRIND.
We are looking for a skilled barista with great attention to detail, efficiency and cleanliness when it comes to all things coffee. You will have at least 1 year have experience in a high volume coffee environment, serving quality shots and steaming milk. You must be comfortable in working with our machines; La Marzocco Linea PB machines and Nuova Simonelli Mythos Ones grinders. Most importantly, you must be able to deliver great tasting coffee in a friendly, engaging and customer-focused manner.
- Ability to dial in Grinders for both House Blend & Black Blend to brand standards
- Open and close down coffee section independently
- Multi-task and perform a busy service solo
- Maintain the desired speed of service, quality of product and overall consistency for the group
- Deliver coffee to customers in an engaging and friendly manner
- Ability to pour basic latte art and understand all milks used at GRIND
- Maintain cleanliness of section at all times
- An understanding of all types of coffee offered by GRIND including House Blend, Black Blend, Filter & Decaf.
- Communicate any stock shortages/ issues to the Head Barista or Manager on shift
- Wear full and correct uniform always
- A strong team player, especially during peak service times
- Effective & efficient communication skill
- Strong barista skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to problem-solve with a solutions-driven approach
- Friendly, approachable and fun work attitude
- Crew Card Membership – 50% off all Food & Beverage at every Grind restaurant and cafe-bar.
- Retail discount on Grind at Home products
- Up to £300 referral bonus
- 3 month Retention Bonus
- Invitation to our Social Events
- Access to Wellness Scheme
If this gets you going we would love to hear from you, please submit a copy of your CV alongside your application.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
Grind is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees.
We’ll see you at the Grind!
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Barista job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally