Post 16 SEND Teaching Assistant – Complex needs – Hillingdon
Vision Teaching is recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEND College located in Hillingdon. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have complex needs, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. Please note, this role entails personal care.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant – Complex needs
- Hillingdon – Full time (Monday to Thursday)
- September 2022 start
- £80-£95 per day, depending on experience
As an SEND teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses, having a background in Psychology or having a genuine passion for working with children or young people with SEN.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support n 1:1 or in small groups
- Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of students with SEND
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent OR experience in an SEN school
- Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, especially Autism
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEND
- Available to commit to at least July 2023
If you are interested, please apply below.
Vision Teaching is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Post 16 SEND LSA job in London Borough of Hillingdon, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally