A Finance Manager is required to join a long-standing family-owned e-commerce and entertainment business with products that are instantly recognisable, based near Sutton.
If you are a qualified finance professional who wants and broad role within an organically growing, warm and friendly family run business where you can make a real impact then this could be the ideal role for you.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will take responsibility for:
- Produce and present monthly management accounts
- Manage and present financial data, including P&L, cashflow, balance sheet as well as assisting in preparing forecasts, and budgets
- Manage month end processes & reporting, ensuring deadlines are always met
- Cash flow management & forecasting for all business-related costs
- Manage small finance team of 2 (AR & AP) assistants
- Work closely with the Directors to help analyse success
- Review of P&L by account, product, factory, stock, promotions and sell through to assist in budgeting.
- Work closely with Product, Sales, and Operations teams to monitor budgets vs. forecasts to better understand their goals
- Manage Licensing and Royalty agreements
- Manage and review business-related expenses to understand ROI to aid planning of future budgets
- Review current processes and practices, analysing efficiencies, and always looking for improvements and opportunities
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships which meet company core values
- Manage, develop and mentor the direct reports
- Support Senior Management with additional financial duties as required
The successful Finance Manager will be a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) finance professional and have at least 2 years post qualification experience. The Finance Manager will ideally have a background in businesses with a product or e-commerce aspect but this isn’t essential if you are willing to learn and diversify your experience.
This position requires extensive change management and strong communication capabilities to educate finance and non-finance personnel. You must be a relationship-driven leader who is able to help strengthen the relationship between finance and the business. The position requires an individual who can support change and drive process improvement while also being flexible and adaptable in an evolving, fast paced environment.
Our client is a family business which has been in business for over 100 years. They have continued to grow organically over the last 3 years and are aiming to expand further by exploring new geographic markets. Based in modern offices near Sutton, they offer a warm, friendly and caring environment with great exposure to senior management.
Salary & Benefits
This Finance Manager role will pay between £60,000 and £70,000 plus bonus (c. 10%), healthcare, pension, 26 days holiday and wider flexible benefits such as in office massages and mental health days. Work from home is available 3 days per week and they operate a 35 hour working week.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Finance Manager job in Sutton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally