Contracts Manager – Cleaning
Westgrove has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cleaning Manager to join our established team at St John’s Shopping Centre.
St Johns Shopping Centre is Liverpool’s largest covered shopping centre. Situated right in the heart of the city since 1969 and boasting more than 100 retailers including some of the best of the high street names.
- Outstanding operational management of a site-based team of 34 operatives including 3 supervisors to cover cleaning, waste, car park cleaning and customer services.
- Living the Centre & Company values and principles, and promoting these throughout the team.
- Ensuring high level service delivery across all operation provisions including events and cleaning.
- Having regard to all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice to include HR and Health and Safety
Areas of Responsibility:
- Driving the service excellence standard throughout the cleaning team
- Duty manager requirement as part of the centre management team on a rota basis to oversee the centre
- Support and cover for the Contracts Manager – Security.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement is key
- You will drive operational improvement to ensure first class relationships and the delivery of exceptional customer service levels at all times
- Handle the employee “life cycle” including recruitment, inductions, probation, performance management, training and development.
- Promote equality, diversity and Human Rights in working practices
- Ensure that Westgrove’s and the Centre’s Health & Safety Policy is implemented.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience of managing a large cleaning team, preferably in the retail environment
- Enhanced customer relationship abilities, you will be an excellent communicator, a clear decision maker and adept in the development of ideas and opportunities
- Exemplary presentation skills with experience of presenting to and engaging management and delivery teams
- Capable of managing change quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining effective service provision
- A high energy professional capable of influencing at a senior level, developing excellence with internal and external partnerships
- Analytical mind who can bring clarity to difficult situations
- Ability to work well with others and continue to deliver results under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly
- Outstanding motivational and people management skills.
- True leadership skills necessary to achieve ambitious targets
- A flexible approach and a sense of teamwork
- You will be a results driven, people manager with considerable understanding of customer services excellence within the commercial / property / retail sectors
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
- Effective net-worker and relationship developer, who can contribute to a team based culture
- Ability to champion, support and deliver business initiatives
- Solution focused to deliver accountabilities of role and achieve KPIs; a ‘can do’ attitude and willing to go the extra mile.
- A Brand Ambassador at all times – in all communication, spoken and written, with colleagues, contractors and all internal and external customers and retailers.
- Salary: £35k per annum
- Contracted hours: 40 hours per week
- Shift Pattern: Vary and a fully flex approach
- Uniform & Training provided
- Free parking
- 28 days holidays per year
- HSF Medical Care Plan
The Westgrove Group is an award-winning national provider of bespoke dual service cleaning and customer service security solutions, specialising in high profile corporate offices, commercial premises and shopping centres. Innovation, added value and continual improvement – that’s what the Westgrove Group is all about.
We have multiple awards across the sector and are excited for our future and development.
We are uniquely Colleague centric and provide an exciting career platform which offers unrivalled opportunities for personal growth and development. Now is an exciting time to join us and to be a part or our bright future.