What makes a good Care Assistant?
At Constance Care we look at people’s values, attitudes and reasons for wanting to work in care, whilst experience is desirable, it is not necessary as we provide full training and support to the right candidates.
First and foremost, you need to have a caring nature, be a good listener with a desire to make a positive difference to the people’s lives you will support.
We help our adult and elderly clients live independent lives in their own homes and local communities, providing a vital support service to them and in turn their families. Which is a real honour in their time of need.
We have opportunities throughout the Gartcosh area (we also have work in ML1/ML2/G71/ML7/G69/G67) – On either dayshift 7am-2pm / backshift 3pm-10pm or double shifts/2 week rolling rota’s – with full time part time and bank roles available – happy to consider any availability: e.g. around current employment, family/caring responsibilities or studies – weekend work & night shifts available in some areas. £10.50 / £21,840 FTE, access to a vehicle essential due to geographical location and nature of the role
Our community/home carers can visit the same individuals 2-4 times a day seeing a number of clients throughout their shift and assist with some the following care needs (to name a few) working with a person centred approach at all times:
- Personal hygiene care (support with bathing, dressing, toileting, oral hygiene, pad changes, catheter/stoma care)
- Medication support
- Meal preparation (& assistance to eat & drink)
- Domestic cleaning support
If you are a genuinely compassionate, confident, active person, who enjoys meeting new people – this could be the perfect role for you!
Our clients often tell us that their carers are their lifeline, without their help, they would not be able to live in their own homes potentially ending up in a hospital or nursing home, which means so very much to them – imagine the job satisfaction you would get by being part of that.
Our amazing team of carers will be the first to tell you how the job is not easy at times but one of the most rewarding things you will do!
We will all need support in one way or another as we age in life, being a carer not only changes our client’s life’s, it will change yours too.
If you think you have what it takes, apply now! In return we offer:
- Competitive hourly rates staring from £10.50
- Paid mileage contributions
- Set shift patterns for care continuity, meaning you will be able to build & maintain rapport and trust with your service users, as well as always knowing when you are working in advance, to plan life outside of work!
- If you have the ability to work our shift patterns, we offer regular consistent hours and opportunities to work extra.
- Care is a growing sector, even in this challenging times, if you want to develop your career, we are invested in creating internal opportunities (we have many employees who started in community and now coordinate or manage services).
- Company mobile & app to automate work tasks & ensure your safety when lone working in the community
- Comprehensive in house & SVQ training with ongoing support
- An excellent employee benefits package encompassing discounts in high street & online stores, discounts on holidays, supermarkets deals and exclusive financial, health and wellbeing support for you and your families*
- 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)
- Employee referral bonus programmes of up to £300*
- Company Uniform and full PPE provided
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme*
Apply now or call 0141 847 4535 and speak to one of our friendly recruitment team for more info.
* terms and conditions apply / Gender specific requirements are permitted under schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010