Apply before 11:55 am on Monday 6th June 2022
Good customer focus and stakeholder engagement experience
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Based in HMNB Clyde, within the Supply Chain Management team, the SDA are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual at entry level to develop skills in roles primarily engaged in transactional activities working under supervision.
As a Supply Chain Administrator, you will be contributing to the delivery and supporting the supply chain processes. It is a varied role that requires accurate and on-time delivery of item data management which will include effectively utilising various Logistics Information Systems.
You will ensure that a high-quality service is delivered. This will be demonstrated through your ability to collaborate with others, provide suggestions for resolution to problems and to deliver a range of time-sensitive outputs that support your customers in the Front-Line Commands and/or Delivery Teams. A good eye for detail and skills in the management of data will play a vital part of these posts.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
In this role you will be entrusted to –
* Monitor supply chain activities within HMNB Clyde to ensure compliance with the Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) and on other MOD supply chain regulations
* Interrogate MOD Logistics Information Systems (IS) to provide supply chain data on request
* Work closely with Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and SDA Supply Chain Managers on all matters related to Inventory held within HMNB Clyde and related sites across UK
* Engage with internal and external stakeholders as required on matters related to stores availability to customers
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Able to learn quickly with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
* Intermediate IT skills and proficiency in the use of databases and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
* Good customer focus and stakeholder engagement experience.
* Demonstrable communication skills, both verbal and written.
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience of working within a Supply Chain Management environment.
* Experience of using Logistic systems or equivalent.