Clinical Pharmacist – FlexiBank
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join our friendly team at One Ashford Hospital.
We are looking for a Bank Pharmacist to provide regular cover of one day a week starting from the 18th July 2022 and also to provide Holiday cover and adhoc cover for development days for our Clinical Pharmacist.
Please note: this is a FlexiBank role working on an ‘as and when required’ basis; you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff during periods of annual leave or absence.
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Registration as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council (any existing or pending Fitness to Practice issues must be declared on application)
- Postgraduate Diploma relevant to hospital pharmacy practice is desirable but not essential
- Post registration experience of 1-2 years
- Clinical pharmacy experience in a secondary acute setting, or proven ability to transfer clinical skills into an acute setting.
Role and responsibilities include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within One Ashford Hospital
- To support the pharmacy department to delivery an excellent medicine management service to all customers.
- To be a proactive member of the Pharmacy team
- To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines.
- To facilitate the daily running of the Pharmacy Department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging of drugs
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks
- To participate in audit activities, which will improve the quality of the services, provided by the department including medication incident reporting
About the Hospital
One Ashford Hospital is one of Kent’s newest private hospitals. Patients receive fast access to appointments with specialist Consultants, diagnostic imaging and treatment for a range of health concerns. Our private hospital has been designed with the latest technology and with patient care at its heart.
One Ashford is next door to the William Harvey Hospital and is close to junction 10 of the M20. Parking is available and is ideally located for candidates living in and around the Ashford area.
Our Recruitment Process
At One Ashford Hospital we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive working environment. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Any offers of employment made by One Ashford Hospital will be subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and receipt of a satisfactory DBS Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
One Ashford Hospital reserves the right to remove job adverts before the closing date.
The health and well-being of our patients and staff is our priority at One Healthcare and vaccination offers the best protection against the Covid-19 virus.
We strongly encourage the vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19, keeping both our patients and employees safe.
OAH: Clinical Pharmacist
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Clinical Pharmacist job in Ashford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally