Social Media Manager
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit a Social Media Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for 6 months, this is a hybrid role with both home and office based working in Glasgow.
Day rate: £250 (Inside IR35) via umbrella
This is an exciting opportunity to join the busy, friendly Communications and Marketing team within a Public Sector organisation you will be part of the Creative Communications Team, with responsibility for managing, creating scheduling and evaluating high-quality content for social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
They will advise colleagues, including senior leaders, on the best channel or way to creatively communicate their requirement and will provide support to the wider communications and marketing team by developing and producing a wide range of high quality creative content.
- Provide expert and authoritative communications advice, guidance, training and content development in support of the oganisations social media channels.
- Draft and implement social media content plans, ensuring content is of a high standard and is used effectively to meet strategic communications objectives.
- Support process to effectively manage social media channels to ensure that we give the best possible service to our clients and stakeholders, whilst doing everything we can to protect the reputation of the organisation and minimising risk.
- Work with internal and external communications colleagues to develop high quality stand-alone and campaign-specific communications materials including photography, video content, animations, infographics, GIFs, podcasts and case studies.
- Help create templates to allow colleagues across all teams to self-serve as appropriate.
- Community management of social media channels including moderating comments and managing responses to direct messages.
- Manage video production schedule, help write scripts, create storyboards, carry out filming and editing to a final agreed video output.
- Provide video, digital and social media support at external and internal events, including visits at locations throughout Scotland.
- Monitor and analyse digital and social media analytics to contribute to ongoing evaluation and inform future planning and activity.
- Support the organisations commitment to inclusive communication by ensuring all communications are as accessible as possible.
- Current or recent experience as a social media manager with excellent understanding of the social media landscape and strong creative skills in developing and producing content (graphic design, digital design, video production, animation)
- A proven track record of delivery across communications, campaigns and managing multiple digital channels, using a programme of continuous improvement and learning.
- Experience of working well with stakeholders at various levels of seniority (internally and externally), with an ability to influence and collaborate effectively.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage busy workload – prioritising, whilst managing internal customer’s expectations.