Highways & Civil Engineering
A Quantity Surveyor is currently required to join the Commercial team of a Global Civil Engineering Main Contractor. As an organisation they currently undertake some of the UKs most iconic projects to include HS2, Hinkley Point C and Crossrail.
Currently operating across a number of sectors to include Highways, Rail, Construction and Build with offices across South Wales, Somerset and Devon.
Typical projects include roads & sewers, foundations, infrastructure, major housing developments and Highways.
Despite the current climate the organisation have been very busy throughout the pandemic and are currently in an enviable position with a number of projects in the pipeline for the next 10 years.
As a result there is now an additional opportunity for a Stand alone QS to be able to work independently and support the Commercial Director.
Due to the nature of the work you will need to demonstrate that you can build strong working relationships with the clients.
- Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget accordingly
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- QS related Degree or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel
- Experience in providing commercial support to design and consulting and/or highways contracts (especially under NEC 3 /4 forms) would also be advantageous
- Experience of successful main contract management supporting
- Experience in supply chain procurement, management and accounting
- Appreciation of the records, approaches and options for dispute resolution and avoidance
- Experience in commercial and financial budgeting and reporting
- Understands and promotes an inclusive working environment
This company has an exciting future ahead of it and the advantages of joining an established, independent company include a competitive starting salary, contemporary working environment, huge scope for career progression and a fantastic incentive for shares within the business.
To be considered for this role please apply or contact Laura Stephenson for more information.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Quantity Surveyor job in Plymouth, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally