- To undertake refuse/recycling collection from all properties listed for route including wheeled bins, bulk containers, sacks and bulky items.
- Maintaining a good service to the public at all times including:-
- Closing gates when leaving premises
- Avoiding or picking up any spillage on premises or in the road
- Avoiding damage to property and injury to persons
- Keeping noise to a minimum
- Courtesy in dealing with the public
- Avoiding any acceptance of liability, personally or on behalf of the Council
- Loaders to assist drivers whilst reversing by appropriate hand or spoken instructions, for which training will be provided.
- Instructing any new drivers in the route to be taken.
- Liaising with the public over any queries arising from the refuse/recycling collection service.
- Any other work as directed by the Refuse Supervisor.
- During ice and snow periods Operatives may be employed on snow clearing
or gritting of pavements in the Borough.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, to undertake
any other duties appropriate to grade, as directed.
- To undertake all duties within the framework of equal opportunities.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post. These other duties must be equivalent to or below the salary and status of the role and, where appropriate, under the Equality Act 2010, due consideration musts be given to any employees with a “protected characteristic”.
- You must cooperate in all matters relating to Health and Safety and
implement all procedures for your job role. The identification of Health and Safety related risks within the working environment must be highlighted to your management.