Job Title: Fibre Supervisor
Reporting To: FTTP Manager
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (Weekend Flexibility)
Base: Langley Mill, Nottingham. Travel around Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire required
Contract Type: Fixed Term (3-5 years with view to extend)
It has never been a more exciting time to join the McCann team as we continue to grow and go from strength to strength.
We are looking to recruit a Fibre Supervisor to monitor multiple sites, using their high attention to detail to take detailed notes, to audit and create reports that can be relayed to their Site Manager.
Cross-site travel will be required around the Nottinghamshire area.
Essential skills and experience require to be successful in application include:-
- Experience or knowledge of using the NEC3 ECC form of contract
- New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 Supervisor qualifications
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Ability to negotiation and influence at all levels
- Driving licence
McCann Ltd is a leading civil and electrical engineering construction company that operates throughout the UK on major road, rail, and airport infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients.
We provide our clients with integrated infrastructure solutions that meet business needs and exceed expectations each and every time.
Since our formation, some forty years ago we have developed a wide range of specialist contracting services to support the successful delivery of major infrastructure projects throughout the UK. As a leading supplier and installer of street lighting, traffic signs, signals, communication systems and associated civil engineering we can also play a key role in the development of project design and buildability whilst working comfortably within a wide range of contractual arrangements.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will be able to resolve conflict, build strong and meaningful working relationships, have an in-depth understanding of fibre works and able to confidently and with experience and knowledge discuss designs and their corrections.
- Achieve targets and KPIs assigned by the Fibre Manager
- Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign-off for the completed works by the Sub-contractor to the Fibre Manager
- Update daily and weekly reports, reviewing them against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Fibre Manager
- Ensure all post installation documents are completed and checked in accordance to the conditions of the project
WHAT WE OFFER
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Discount gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
- Company car or car allowance
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
J McCann is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or parental leave, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
In line with our Social Value commitment, we will guarantee an interview to any member of groups experiencing disadvantage, including long term unemployment, ex-offenders and those not in education, employment or training that meets the essential competencies set out in the job description and person specification.
As an employee, you have the right to:
- A workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, or bullying
- Inclusive practices and behaviour in the workplace
- Equal access to benefits and conditions
- Fair allocation of workloads
- Competitive merit-based selection processes for recruitment and promotion
- Accessible processes to deal with work-related complaints and grievances
HEALTH & SAFETY
Every employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of other in the workplace and has a duty to report any issues or perceived risks to their line manager in the first instance or the Health and Safety department.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Fibre Supervisor job in Nottingham, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally