Structural Design Engineer
Other positions available include: Senior Structural Engineer, Principal Engineer
Dartford or Manchester (Sale) – Hybrid Working
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join structural design team. As a Structural Design Engineer you will work on a variety of projects such as Everton Stadium, Thames Tideway, HS2, Whiteleys and Hinkley to name a few. You will work closely with project teams to design structural solutions that will enable the delivery of the project. You would responsible for production of drawings, calculations and specifications for diverse range of permanent and temporary schemes, as well as the provision of buildability, construction methodology and value engineering advice for live projects and tenders.
About the Role
- The Structural Design Engineer will provide safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with project procedures, the British and European codes of practice and UK construction Health and safety legislation
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs including calculations, design risk assessments and sketches / drawings / models as appropriate
- Work on a range of structural designs, which could include: Structural Concrete, Structural Steel, structural Timber, construction sequences and solutions that enable permanent works construction
- Work with specialist the CAD team
- Coordinate design work with a wide range of suppliers and designers
- BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Circa 3 years design experience
- Experience with codes of practice for concrete and steel work design (EN & BS codes) and BS 5975
- Good understanding of construction sequence and methods of work
- Literacy in Microsoft office software
- Excellent communications skills
- Detailed knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
Don’t match all the criteria? We are always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
The role is based in Dartford or Manchester with the potential on some flexibility to work from other office locations. Other titles include Structural Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineer TW Designer, TW Design Engineer and Temporary Works Engineer.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.