Location: currently hybrid working between home and Central London
This role is initially part of a work winning team on major MEP infrastructure / rail bids – on successful award the role will then become project-based in Acton, West London with flexibility for some remote working
Part of the Laing O’Rourke Group, Crown House Technologies is one of the UK’s most advanced and innovative engineering and building services specialists.
Through our unique self-delivery model, we provide a single-source solution for some of the worlds most recognised organisations, with an exciting pipeline of major projects in sectors such as healthcare, science & research, residential, commercial, rail and data centres.
What will the role look like?
- The role is responsible for programming, planning, monitoring, reporting, feedback and mitigation measures
- Providing leadership for the planning and co-ordination processes and implement and maintain the requirements of the Project Business Plan
- Ensuring that all programmes are compliant with the Project requirements and develop and agree a logical sequence of events ensuring that the most economical / advantageous construction strategy is adopted
- Analysing performance and advising the project team of likely impact and recommend improvements
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- MEP planning specialists with good digital skills – modelling and 4D planning, as well as Asta or P6 – preferably both to a high standard
- Experience of pre-construction work winning processes, producing Bid Programmes and associated time related information as part of a tender bid team
- Major project experience is ideal however we also encourage applications from candidates who have led the planning and control functions on smaller-scale projects and implemented robust project controls
- A good understanding of MEP techniques and ideally a HNC / Degree in an MEP related field
- Project planning experience and knowledge of strategic planning and project/ programme management systems
- Ability to analyse, collate and utilise a range of data and information for reporting and forecasting
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.