Assistant Reinforcement Engineer
The Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Explore Manufacturing, Steetley, Nottinghamshire – flexible / dynamic working patterns
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Laing O’Rourke’s 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Our manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
Explore Manufacturing is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
What does the role entail?
- Collaborating with internal and external Engineers and site teams to provide design compliant efficient RC detailing to relevant Standards and Code of Practices.
- Developing LOR digital reinforcement standards; to include standard rebar configurations, initial software configuration, software customization, and processes for automated financial modelling of technical design.
- Producing and developing reinforcement detailing information based upon a 3D ‘Digital Construction’ detailing system – Drawings, schedules, models, erection sequencing, measurement information.
- Engaging with our project teams to provide better practice on the delivery of information, to aid in improving efficiency in rebar fixing.
What do we look for?
- Technical qualifications above GCSE level – including a Maths qualification
- Self-motivated to learn and develop
- Experience of CAD software and 3D model environment software would be beneficial
- Already undertaking a Construction/Engineering qualification or Degree
- Basic level of Construction knowledge
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, then please get in touch.