Site Activation Lead/Senior Site Activation Lead
Based anywhere EU – office or remote
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Site Activation Lead
As a Site Activation Lead at ICON, you would advance clinical trial start-up activities by understanding the client objectives and assist in the development of the plan for country and site distribution. We pride ourselves on our amazing company culture, where we work as one team to achieve industry-leading results.
* Lead clinical trial start-up activities by understanding the client objectives and assist in the development of the plan for country and site distribution
* Oversees day to day delivery of all aspects of site activation in the projects assigned.
* Ensures that each project has a site activation plan and that the study is being conducted in accordance with that plan and in an effective manner which meets sponsor timelines and expectations and is in compliance with ICON/client KPIs, ICON/client SOPs, reporting norms, appropriate regulations and ICON’s quality standards
* Lead sponsor initiatives such as kick-off meetings, bid defences, project update and status calls, and other communications
* Utilize project management skills to optimize performance and collaboration to ensure successful study outcomes
What you need for a Site Activation Lead
* Bachelor’s Degree preferably in life sciences
* Minimum of 5 year of experience in a Clinical Research environment, focusing on Start Up experience
* Project management skill set
* Understanding of regulatory and submission processes in many different countries
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
Sr. Site Activation Lead
As a Senior Site Activation Lead at ICON, you are accountable for driving and accelerating the activation of investigator sites. Additionally you will be accountable for the implementation and completion of site activation activities for global, complex projects. As a Senior Site Activation Lead you will work cross functionally throughout ICON and with ICON sponsors, ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the relationship!
* Primary SSU point of contact for designated global projects and programs
* Accountable for developing successful sponsor relationships, proven through consistently high sponsor satisfaction scores in SSU, contributing to the retention and repeat business.
* Working cross-functionally to ensure sites and countries optimize accelerated delivery of the project
* Risk management and mitigation strategies within site activation to ensure timely delivery
* Ensure stringent oversight of project in terms of timely and quality delivery of key landmarks
* Accountable for management of sponsor expectations and ensuring compliance with ICON / Sponsor critical metrics; SOPs; and quality standards.
* Responsible for the study start up budget, including resources; timelines; rates and margins.
What you need for a Sr. Site Activation Lead
* Bachelor’s Degree preferably in life sciences
* In depth proven experience within clinical research, specifically in the clinical studies regulatory environment.
* Excellent Leadership skills, developed with a collaborative approach to driving performance and success
* Experience in successful management and delivery of study deliverables, ideally with proven experience in the oversight of project management and staff in a multi-country / global environment.
* Cross functional leadership and influencing skills
* Strong planning and organization skills within a time pressured environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, fluent in English
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.