Role: HR Manager
Location: UK (Reading area)
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well
Our HR Managers are responsible for the delivery of HR Consulting Services by supporting people leaders who are aligned to business objectives.
* Responsible for the delivery of HR Consulting Services to a country (or number of countries) and operational HR support outside transactional HR processes which are delivered through a HR shared service function
* Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which centers around our commitment to Clients and Performance.
* As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
* Delivery of complex case management advice on key areas such as disciplinary, performance management redundancy, ongoing term sickness and Issues that require country specific interaction
* Responsible for management of employee relations, legal compliance and ensuring HR policies meet these requirements in designated country or region
* Proactively work with Managers in the region to highlight and identify key trends and issues arising from data such as exit interviews, turnover reports, absence and performance reviews and propose specific plans to assist and advise improvements
* Support the implementation of people strategies and plans through the rollout of HR programs and through the provision of local country insight into the broader HR team
* For countries that have a Country Management Team, act as a partner to that group / service lines
* Build strong relationships with key Managers within your country (or countries) of responsibility and also with the offshore managers who have people management responsibility in these countries
* Provide a proactive HR consultation service to all people managers advising them on all issues that arise in their teams
* Work closely with the HR Service Centre Manager and the HR Service Centre Team to ensure a smooth transition on local issues and ensure clarity on when the team should and over or escalate
* Support and coach people managers on complex employee Issues
* Maintain 100% compliance with respect to country statutory compliance
* Travel (approximately 15%) domestic and/or international as required
* HR generalist experience from any MNCs with 8-12 years of experience
* Candidates preferably from Services or pharmaceutical industry
* Experience working in a matrixed structure of a global organisation
* Expertise in statutory compliance, local labour laws and labour market
* Stakeholder management experience
* Delivering presentations to the business teams
* Formal discussions/ Grievance handling/
* Flexibility to work extended hours
* Excellent in communication
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture -one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career -both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.