Summary and Overview
- Credit Control Manager
- Jersey (Hybrid)
- Full Time
- Competitive Salary
The Credit Control Manager is a vital role for the business, and, as Credit Control Manager, you will will focus on maximising client turnover and minimise bad debts. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in defining structure, creating process and leading the Collections team whilst working within a fast-paced environment
Your New Job
Working in this Team Leader role, the responsibilities of the role will grow and adapt to changing needs and demands, however below are the core duties of the role, which is not exhaustive;
- Build relationships with Business Unit Heads (BUH), Location Heads (LH), Equiom Group Finance and Equiom Group Legal to define credit control policies and collection escalation options
- Establish policies, procedures and appropriate structures to manage credit control and cash collection within Equiom Group.
- Create and maintain a suitable governance framework to ensure that credit control and collection policies are adhered to and escalate any problem clients, fee earners or debts to the relevant management team and/or cash collection/credit control personnel.
- Day to day management of the assigned ledger
- Have a good understanding of Equiom Group and the nature of its business and clients.
- To be able to correctly identify clients that default on payment terms and to liaise with the Legal/Finance/appropriate management on the most appropriate course of action to take, taking into account the profile of the client
- Maintaining detailed and accurate notes regarding debtors on the firms internal system and ensuring relevant leaders are equipped with the requisite data on the Credit Controller’s assigned ledger
- Produce and manage regular reporting on progress and status of aged debts
- Understanding how KPI’s are set and how best to achieve them
- Building relationships with partners and fee earners to ensure the collection policy is adhered to and escalate any problem clients, fee earners or debts to the management team
What will you need to succeed in this role?
Equiom Group are committed to ensuring that we embrace and develop a culture of Diversity and Inclusion within our global workforce, and therefore we welcome applications from any interested applicant.
As is to be expected, we are searching for someone who can bring a range of skills and experiences to enhance the team, and to work with the business to deliver on projects, and tasks. As such, there are a few key skills which an applicant should demonstrate an understanding, and working knowledge of;
- Experience in an international credit control environment
- Experience dealing with complex customers/cases
- Presenting and reporting data analysis to senior stakeholders across the Group
- Highly organised, operational background
- Problem solving attitude/mindset
- Excel skills, Microsoft NAV skills
- Maintain a strong attention to detail and the ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions
- Deliver a ‘can do’ and proactive approach at all times
This will be a hybrid role, with travel to offices as required, therefore you will be comfortable working in a remote setting, while still supported by colleagues remotely. In addition, you will need to demonstrate that you;
- Are process driven with a view for continuous marginal improvement
- Highly organised individual, with strong management skills
- Skilled communicator with the ability to present the story both qualitatively and quantitatively
- A flexible approach and drive for innovation and continuous improvement
- The ability to function effectively when under pressure and prioritise tasks as required; to react quickly to changing requirements and meet deadlines
- A strong team player who can demonstrate ability to work cohesively with others to deliver an excellent result
- Assertive, decisive, and approachable individual with the ability to make independent decisions within authority and assigned responsibilities
- Work to a high degree of accuracy and demonstrate problem solving ability
Who are Equiom Group?
For more than 40 years we have supported high net worth individuals and international corporations to nurture and fulfil their ambitions. We are a global professional services provider, working with private clients, corporate clients and funds to navigate the twists and turns on the journey towards achieving ambitions. We are proactive and passionate, and we go exceptional service to develop deep and meaningful client relationships, providing an unrivalled breadth of bespoke end-to-end wealth protection and business support services.
We are a business which has rapidly expanded, allowing us to adapt quickly to change and invest in areas as needed. We are on a growth journey, and we are looking for brilliant people to join our team to grow and develop with us.
What should you do now?