Apply before 11:55 am on Monday 6th June 2022
Ability and knowledge to interpret technical information within contractual arrangements
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us at DE&S as a Through Life Support Manager.
The Through Life Support role is primarily technical, with a bias towards Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) and through life management. As a Technical Through Life Support Specialist, you will have a challenging and rewarding career to help shape the future development and implementation of innovative support solutions for some of the most complex, dynamic, and cutting-edge technology used by the UK Armed Forces.
Reporting to the Lead Through Life Support Manager, you will be part of the Naval Ship Support (Waterfront) (NSS(W)) team who are responsible for the delivery of new and in-service support to surface fleet vessels, associated shore based naval resources and equipment.
You will predominantly be managing the in-service Containerised Engineering Support Facility (CESF) for the Navy’s Forward Support Unit (FSU). CESF consists of a set of bespoke containers providing power, workshops, stores, offices, and mess facilities allowing remote operational and service support capability to our surface fleet anywhere in the world.
You will be working with the team to provide support to; Naval shore facilities, non-Portsmouth based Surface fleet vessels surface support (Visiting Ships), Portable Specialised Support Equipment Store (PSSE), Royal Navy’s Fire trials evaluation unit support, secondary support to the Material Support Group (MSG) to ensure supplied materials are available to meet ships up keep schedules.
The role is key in coordinating the delivery of support services to ensure reliable and maintainable equipment and products are provided. If you’re dedicated to doing your best work and passionate about contributing to the security of the nation, you’ll find yourself in good company at DE&S.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.”
In this role, you will be entrusted to:
* Represent the department at various review meetings and briefings, standing in for senior members of staff as required.
* Contribute to the transition of the platform/equipment’s ILS plan into the In-Service ILS documentation.
* In liaison with colleagues review and monitor the support solution through the provision of relevant, timely and accurate support information, data and analysis.
* Assist colleagues in upkeeping and updating logistic support information and the support solution.
* Help colleagues define, manage, and adjust Service contract arrangements.
* Provide specialist technical support, e.g. tools, test equipment, software, training, technical documentation, and publications.
* Assist with design and introduce platform/ equipment updates and upgrades ensuring due diligence to all aspects of ILS.
* Provide specialist obsolescence support, working with specialists from other areas of the business to manage platform/equipment obsolescence and ensure adherence to the Obsolescence Plan.
* Provide data for informing whole life cost predictions and assist with the departments financial reporting.”
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Ability and knowledge to interpret technical information within contractual arrangements
* Demonstrable experience of problem solving and ability to analyse multiple sources of data to make improvements
* Ability to communicate effectively to influence decision making
* Experience of managing suppliers by using knowledge or understanding of the factors that are needed to sustain equipment/products. This includes suggesting actions that help maintain the integrity of the customer service