PEGA Engineering Lead – CTO
Lloyds Banking Group, Business & Commercial Banking, Group Transformation,
Location: London or Edinburgh based with flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week once we return to a normal working pattern post-COVID.
Salary & Benefits: £,. – £,. GBP base salary, plus annual personal bonus, % employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading digital banking franchise, with over million active online customers across our three main brands – including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland – as well as the biggest mobile bank in the country. We’re building the bank of the future, and we need your help.
Who are CTO?
An exciting opportunity has in the Chief Technology Office. This area is at the cutting edge of technology in the bank, Azure, GCP and other innovations and Architectural solutions.
CTO is building the bank of the future and simplifying our operational processes to help our customers with our Business Process Management (Pega & Workflow) technologies. We lead, prioritise, and deliver change across the Group Transformation Teams – Retail, Insurance & Wealth, Commercial & Business Bank and Enterprise by engaging with the Business areas, understanding their need, and delivering change in an agile way to safely deliver benefit for our Customers and Colleagues.
We work tirelessly to make decisions real time and identify ways of improving the customer journey as well as making sure we are compliant and meet regulatory directives. We offer customers education and awareness that is timely, tailored, and effective to help keep them informed of the best products available to them. All of which will have you going home feeling that you have added true value to the customers we support.
As a PEGA Engineering Lead, you would be part of our CTO – Core Platforms committed to ensuring that we deliver multiple applications and solutions.
So what would I focus on in this role?
We have invested heavily in the latest evergreen Cloud based technology such as Pega 8, which allows for rapid development of innovative solutions to support customers across their channel of choice.
As a key member of our agile development community, you’ll lead a team to build, maintain, and evolve our data capabilities whilst embracing the best industry standards
* You’ll be making a real difference, as you’ll blend both deep domain and technical expertise within a feature team.
* You’ll bring your passion for developing people.
* You’ll be innovating the epicentre of the digital revolution in Enterprise Data as we begin our journey to the cloud and enabling earlier value release for our customers.
* Driving down the total cost of ownership of our products and driving agile adoption, in teams as part of the broader engineering community from cultural aspects of agile to adoption of collaboration tools.
* You’ll help set the direction for the software engineers in your area, collaborating and forging relationships with teams in UK (London, Bristol, Edinburgh and West Yorkshire) and India. What are some of the specific activities I’ll be responsible for?
* Take ownership of specific problems and deliver customer focused outcomes
* Leading a team and working in cross functional environment, closely with software engineers, quality engineers and security engineers.
* Work on platform that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new changes into customer hands
* Enable the engineers to build diverse cloud skills and deliver high quality pipelines in an agile environment
* Be a team player who can build relationships and work productively with other teams across a variety of domains What experience do you need to apply for this role?
We like people who come from diverse cultural backgrounds, with different ways of thinking who can challenge our current practices. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems. That said, because of the nature of this role it is important to have existing knowledge and experience with implementing PEGA Solutions.
As a minimum to apply you should have:
* Experience on PEGA 7, 8.x is required.
* Additionally experience in rebuilding applications in PEGA 8 would be good, however not essential.
* Strong Core Java skills
* Must have prior experience in REST/SOAP webservices
* Knowledge of working with Pega applications frameworks Like CLM (Customer Lifecycle Manager), Customer Service, Smart Disputes etc.
* Strong understanding WAS, JBoSS and Tomcat servers
* Experience in developing web services using JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAX-B and Java web-frameworks.
* Understanding of react and front-end development is desirable.
* An understanding and appreciation of PEGA Business and/or PEGA Technical environment.
* Understanding of cloud based architecture and services would be advantageous.
* To be familiar with an Agile delivery environment working collaboratively with partners in the UK and India. We’d also love to see your experience in championing cultural changes including adoption of agile e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and practices such as DevOps tooling.
It would also be great if you have:
* Able to show capability to change, evolve and to learn new tools and techniques and help encourage others to do likewise
* Shows accomplished experience having held roles across the lifecycle from business requirements, partner management, analysis and design of solutions, proto-typing, build, test, implementation, and application support What would you get in return?
We’ll give you stretch as well as an energising and informal environment. You’ll realise genuine career progression opportunities gained within a nurturing culture that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity.
Together we make it possible!