As an Operational Excellence (OE) Analyst you will support the shaping of the continuous improvement strategy and activity for the Capita Public Service Delivery horizontal. Reporting to a Head of OE and being part of the OE team, you’ll be responsible for supporting OE projects.
As a key change agent across all Delivery functions (for example field services, customer contact, customer fulfilment, print, scanning and document management) you’ll support the delivery of tangible results as well as help set a mindset and culture of OE Analyst will support the analysis, mapping, documentation and delivery of strategic and operational priorities across the business in support of improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance.
What you’ll be doing
– Apply Continuous Improvement and Lean tools to improve/redesign business processes, in order to drive productivity, efficiency, simplification, and waste elimination across Capita Operations, service lines and functions.
– Support delivery of concrete improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery throughput and Cost efficiency through: Business Process Improvement – Define, optimise, and maintain end to end business processes map/analyse using BPMN tools and techniques)
– Quantify continuous improvement opportunities across Operations and support with business case development and any necessary investment case
– Lead stakeholder workshops and support Kaizen, DMAIC, PDCA and Lean Six Sigma Projects
– Analysis of business activity and needs by using the appropriate Lean Six Sigma and/or Business Analysis methodologies and techniques in order to understand the business area, clarify requirements and document potential solution for stakeholder review and approval
– Support cross functional teams in understanding the current condition of assigned processes / systems, support development of the target condition, assist plans to close the gap and support teams to successfully achieve value capture cost benefit/ROI analysis)
– Lead by example within our Change Management approach to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across Operations and embedding it into daily work
What we’re looking for:
– Experience in project/programme delivery prince2, agile etc)
– Experience as a Business Analyst or similar improvement/process analyst role
– Experience of documenting an end-to-end process including As is, To Be and Gap Analysis
– Demonstrated proficiency in supporting projects, leading analysis or improvement workstreams to develop creative and feasible solutions
– Track record of success in the analysis, business improvement or service design as part of business level projects and programs
– Great stakeholder relationship skills and the ability to negotiate and influence
– Great skills in analytical problem solving and strong business acumen
– Experience in the Lean or Six Sigma, with Yellow or Green Belt certification
– Experience in Service Operations / Operational Excellence roles applying “lean” principles
– Experience with IT focused business analysis SDLC, functional specifications including use cases or user stories)
About Capita Public Service
We’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. For example, our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly. Our services are delivered from several regional hubs across the UK Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Darlington, Coventry, Belfast) which will require regular travel depending on allocation within the wider OE programmes
What’s in it for you ?
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.