The Fairlie Healthcare Group is looking to hire a Senior Chef for our Highfield House complex care centre in Purley.
Salary – £14.50 per hour Monday – Friday (£15.00 on weekends)
Location – Purley
Job Type – Permanent
Hours – 40 hours per week (Working 5 over 7 days on a rotational shift pattern)
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Senior Chef to work for 40 hours per week on a permanent contract at our Highfield House complex care centre in Purley. Additional shifts may also be available from time to time to cover absence.
What do we do?
The Fairlie Healthcare Group is a leading provider of high-quality care which was established in 1999. We specialise in caring for adults with neurological conditions, as well as patients with tracheostomies, and who require ventilator support. Training and development are at the core of our organisation, so you can rest assured you’ll receive all the support you need to increase your abilities and succeed in your role.
What will I be doing?
– Ensuring dishes are prepared and cooked to a high standard in line with best practice that meets the requirements of the Food Safety Act and internal policies and procedures and HACCP, in line with the season menus. Note any specialist dietary requirements for Residents, including, but not limited to low salt, low fat, diabetic texture modified diets.
– Ensuring that all records are maintained in line with the Catering Policies including daily fridge and freezer temperature checks, service temperature checks, delivery checks, cleaning schedules etc.
– To provide service to Residents and staff in line with pre-agreed budgets, including stock, stock rotation, and to reduce wastage under the direction of the Head Chef.
– Continually develop skills through the appraisal and supervision framework with the Head Chef to ensure a high-quality service is maintained and delivered.
What do I need to succeed in this role?
– Literacy and Numeracy to at least GCSE Pass level (or equivalent)
– Relevant Catering Qualification to the post at BTEC/NVQ III or above
– Experience of working within a similar role
– Aware of regulations within the scope of responsibility of the post
– Demonstrates effective communication, in multiple forms
– Actively promotes, and is aware of issues around diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities
– Works constructively as part of a team and understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of this
– Exposure and work history in a Health and Social Care setting
– Aware of the CQC domains and can give examples of what ‘outstanding’ looks like across each of the 5 domains
– IT literate across multiple platforms including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and Teams
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
What’s in it for me?
– £14.50 per hour (rising to £15.00 on weekends)
– Paid Breaks
– Free meals whilst working on shift
– Free staff minibus service at the start and end of your shift (Purley & Banstead centres only)
– Free staff uniform, updated annually
– Company Pension Scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Excellent new starter induction programme
– Comprehensive on the job training & support
– Opportunity to gain qualifications
So, if this role has caught your attention and you could see yourself working for us, why not apply, this could be the perfect job for you!
The Fairlie Healthcare Group are an equal opportunities employer, who value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Please find the attached Job Description with more information on the role below.