Tool and Fixture Designer
Fancy working on a strategic new project for a global manufacturing business? You do! Then keep on reading…
2022 is a very exciting year for Watson-Marlow! We’re building a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in the United States!! To ensure the continuation of our manufacturing excellence we are emulating many of our UK processes and procedures, and we need a skilled Tool & Fixture Designer to support this. You’ll be based at our main site in Falmouth, but be working as part of a multi-national team. Exciting stuff!
As our new Tool & Fixture Designer you will be working within our special project team, getting involved in things like:
- Optimising current assembly jigs and fixtures, and outputting configuration controlled document packs.
- Working with our new product team to ensure live manufacturing requirements can be satisfied.
- Designing and arranging the supply of jigs and fixtures, and the manufacturing of assembly aids.
- Specifying and purchasing tools and gauges.
- Providing front-line fault finding and diagnostics for pump assembly equipment.
- Specifying, justifying and proposing new processes for improving productivity.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A BEng degree in Mechanical, Production or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Experience of tool and fixture design developed within a manufacturing environment.
- 2D and 3D CAD skills.
- A critical thinker who always has one eye on continuous improvement.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract initially.
Closing date: Tuesday 14th June 2022
At Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Solution you face different challenges every single day. You are empowered to dream bigger and work smarter. You have time to live your life outside of your job.
Our business is built by a diverse team of engineers, sales teams, marketers, administrators, designers, assemblers, chemists, web developers, accountants, analysts, programmers and many more. Globally we are united by our shared values that drive our culture. We want to be an employer where you make our difference.
As a growing and ambitious organisation with a presence in over 60 global locations and across multiple markets, we can offer you the working environment and support needed to be successful. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
What’s in it for me?
We offer a range of attractive staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements, private medical healthcare for all employees and inclusive employment practices.
Every day, we help companies across the globe to be more efficient and sustainable.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies. Comprising ten established brands, each with their area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalled solutions for their pumping and fluid transfer applications. Together with our colleagues across Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, we are proud to be a FTSE 100 company.